5/24/11

Milwaukee... Sites from Laverne and Shirley & Happy Days!


One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight




Schlemiel! Schlimazel! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!

We're gonna do it!

I finally had my first layover in Milwaukee.  Since I grew up watching Laverne & Shirley and Happy Days I was excited to check out all the sites!   




 City Hall- Featured in the Laverne & Shirley show opener... 
"Welcome to Milwaukee"

 The River Walk reminded me of Chicago.  Milwaukee is a cool city... 
Can't wait to get more layovers here.

Heyyy! Me and the Fonz on the River Walk.

Laverne & Shirley's address while living in Milwaukee was on Knapp Street.  This street really does exist in Downtown Milwaukee although the show was filmed in California.  I found some row homes on Knapp Street and wondered if this was the inspiration of the basement apartment.  At the time of filming Knapp Street would have been in walking distance to the Schlitz Brewery(now office buildings).
I can't believe I found the floor plan of Laverne & Shirley's apartment.  If you go to Fantasy FloorPlans you can check out more plans from some of TV's most popular shows.

1 comments:

Armand said...

Very nice presentation. I live in Milwaukee and love this town. Thanks for visiting and hope you come back soon!