1/4/21

Christmas in New York City...

Visiting New York City during the Christmas season has been my dream since I was a kid. Now I don't want to spend another Christmas without visiting this winter wonderland! I had a long layover in NYC in December 2019 so I spent the day visiting holiday window displays and Christmas markets.  It's amazing how much you can see in one day.

Winter Village at Bryant Park
Bryant Park is a popular place to get in the festive spirit. You can spend hours shopping and ice skating while admiring the tree backed by the New York Public Library.

New York Public Library
In front of the library are two lions with wreaths around their necks. It makes a nice photo stop... Also probably the most amazing library I've seen. It's the second-largest public library in America.  If you're in the area you need to go inside and have a peek!

 Macy's Herald Square Holiday Window Displays
Touring the NYC Christmas windows of the major department stores was the highlight of my holidays.  When I was a little girl I dreamed of living in NYC and designing window displays. No-one does holiday windows like New York City.  It was a dream come true to see these amazing window designs! 
I was just as impressed with the Christmas decorations inside of Macy's.


Empire State Building
πŸ’«πŸ˜πŸ’«

Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree
Rockefeller Center is Christmas Central in NYC. It's spectacular during the holidays.  You can ice skate under the enormous Christmas tree and visit nearby Radio City to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular.  I also visited Top of the Rock, St. Patrick's Cathedral, and the Saks Fifth Avenue music and light show. 
 
Saks Fifth Avenue Light Show
This was the most crowded area I encountered.  People were literally pushing bodies in order to move. 😳The show lasts a few minutes and runs every 10 minutes between 5-11 p.m.

Check out all of the people... it was crazy!

St. Patricks Cathedral
 

Columbus Circle Holiday Market
I loved this market!  It wasn't as crowded and was more authentic.  I met a retired flight attendant who sells Christmas ornaments made in Ecuador.  I love my NYC/Ecuador angel.

The Bergdorf Goodman Holiday Windows are the grandest of all the window displays. The theme this year was gambling and games.  The details were amazing.  Location: Fifth Avenue between 57th and 58th Street.
Louis Vuitton

5th Avenue- The star above Tiffany's

Lotte New York Palace
I stopped for hot chocolate and a quick picture of the beautiful Christmas tree in front of the Lotte New York Palace.  The Lotte is a luxury hotel on the corner of 50th Street and Madison Avenue and was built in 1882.  It was once owned by the Helmsley's. Leona Helmsley was given the nickname "Queen of Mean," for her strict management style.

There are so many great places in the city to see festive holiday decor.

Chrysler Building
One of my favourite skyscrapers in NYC! Love the Art-Deco style!  



0 comments: